STEPHAN ELMAS FOUNDATION
“CADENCE” CHAMBER MUSIC CENTRE
YEREVAN STATE CONSERVATORY
STEPHAN ELMAS FORTH NATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION (PIANO)
4 - 6. 04. 2002
Artistic Director – ALEXANDER SIRANOSIAN
Executive Director - NIKA BABAYAN
Stephan Elmas Foundation
“Cadence” Chamber Music Centre
Yerevan State Conservatory
Armen Smbatyan - Composer, Professor, Rector of the Yerevan State Conservatory
Alexander Siranosian - Artistic Director of Stephan Elmas Foundation
Anahit Bogdanyan - Pianist, Professor of the Yerevan State Conservatory
Nika Babayan - General Manager of the Armenian Philharmonic Orchestra and Aram Khachaturian Concert Hall
Chairman of the Organizing Committee
THE COMPETITION MANAGEMENT AND SECRETARIAT
Alexander Siranosian - Artistic Director
Nika Babayan - Executive Director
Veronika Padaryan - Executive Secretary
Documents’ reception from 18 February to 7 March 2002
The Drawing ceremony will take place on 3 April 2002 at Aram Khachaturian House-Museum Hall at 10:00
First Round - 4 April 2002 /Aram Khachaturian House-Museum Hall at 11:00./
Second Round – 5 April 2002 /Aram Khachaturian House-Museum Hall at 11:00./
Award-ceremony and gala-concert will take place on 6th April 2002 at 18:00 at Aram Khachaturian House-Museum Hall.
ELIGIBILITY AND GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. The IV Stephan Elmas National Music Competition (piano section) will be held in Yerevan from 4 to 6 April, 2002.
2. The competition is open to professional pianists, who are citizens or residences of the Republic of Armenia and born on April 4 of 1972 and later.
3. All application forms should be present or addressed to:
Chamber Music Hall, “Cadence” Music Centre, 1 Isahakian street, suite 6, Tel. 525840
4. The competition will be held in two rounds, and will take place in Aram Khachaturian House-Museum Hall.
5. All rounds of the competition are open to the public.
6. Rights in any competition performance, recordings, photos or films belong to Stephan Elmas Competition management.
7. The playing order of competition will be determined by ballot before the First Round and will be remained in both Rounds.
First Prize - $2000 and Laureate Diploma, one recital and concert with orchestra in 2002-2003 season, tour to Switzerland
Second Prize - $800 and Laureate Diploma
Third Prize - $400 and Laureate Diploma
Special prize - $200 for the best performance of Stephan Elmas composition.
*All prizes are subject of state taxes
Everybody who wants to participate in the Competition should present the following documents completed, and signed to the competition secretariat by 7 March 2002:
1. Program of works performed in two rounds
2. Copy of birth certificate
3. A current resume of biography
4. Three recent black & white photos (13x18), signed on the back
5. An application fee of $20US
Applicants should have the copies of the documents, which they have presented to the competition secretariat. Documents are not refundable.
1. The order of performance will be determined by the Drawing in presence of all competition participants.
2. Competitors who are late or absent in the Drawing can be disqualified in competition participation.
The Jury, which will consist from distinguished pianists and teachers will select competitors in the following way:
Not more than 50% of all competitors will be admitted to the Second Round.
The prizes awarded by the jury will be based on performances in both rounds.
Jury Chairman – Alexander Siranosian, Artistic Director of Stephan Elmas Foundation
The Jury has right not to award prize of any degree if the level of performance does not correspond to the high creative demands.
The member of the Jury has no right to vote, if:
a) is a teacher of competition participant
b) is in family ties with the competition participant
During the competition there is no right to have any contacts with the Jury members.
The decision of the Jury is irrevocable and without appeal.
First round (max. 25 min.)
1. Each participant has to perform the following composition by Stephan Elmas
Mazurkas No 14 – 17 and Scherzo No 1
Mazurkas No 22 – 24 and Impromptu – Mazurka
2. In the rest time, contestant must present the program of his/her own choice.
Second Round (max. 40 min.)
1. Each semifinalist has to perform one of the following composition by Stephan Elmas:
Dance Melodique No 3
Polonaise No 4
2. In the rest time, Contestant must present the program of his/her own choice
THE COMPETITION MANAGEMENT AND SECRETARIAT
1 Isahakian Street, Suite Nr.6, Yerevan 375025, Armenia
Yerevan Chamber Music Hall, "Cadence" Chamber Music Centre
Veronica Padaryan – Executive Secretary